Build appears good but card won't boot

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 21 10:12:18 CEST 2014

Hi Chris
When you copy files from the good card to you "bad", is it enough to
copy only initramfs.cpio.gz? No need for "zImage"? In that case the
kernel probably starts but fails to recognize the filesystem. The
console messages one might see in the HDMI output of other distributions
at boot are disabled by default in Nard, however they are still
available in the serial port for diagnostics. Would it be possible for
you to get a USB-UART converter and connect it to the expansion pin
header? The kernel will likely print the errors there. (Remember to get
the 3.3V version).
/Ronny