Using NARD with other boards

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 20 17:11:07 CEST 2015

Hi
Creating a lists of what would have to be ported implies quite some work.
Likely several hours if investigatsions are needed. Here is what I can come
up with out of my memory:

- Automounting of SD-card persistent storage need modification.

- Check of SD-card filesystem errors at boot need modification.

- Automatic allocation of SD-card free space at first bootup won't work.

- Remote firmware updates wont't work.

- Delayed USB enumeration at boot might need modification.

- Moving the entire rootfs into a tmpfs at boot might need modification.

- Use of files in /boot/settings/* only makes sense if they are stored in a
removable media where an operator can access them by moving the media to a
laptop.

- U-Boot persistent env variables would duplicate /boot/settings/*

- Drivers loaded at boot might need modification.

- Symlinks to board LEDs in /sbin/hotplug.led

- The bootloader would have to copy the initramfs image from flash to ram and
provide the load address to the kernel.

- The toolchain (compiler) which build the kernel need to have similar
settings as used by Nard, especially regarding ABI and endian.

/Ronny