Problem with Raspberry Pi Compute Module

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Fri May 1 04:06:46 CEST 2015

Hi Robert
I briefly had a look into what could cause this kind of problem... Revision 7
originates from the eMMC internal firmware SW. I guess it has been updated by
the manufacturer (Samsung) to a newer release, even though it still is sold
as the "same old chip".

Luckily flashes is most of the time backwards compatible. It wouldn't surprise
me if simply removing the error message would make the driver operational.
Looking into more recent kernel versions this seems to have been done
already. The error message has been deleted and the driver tries to continue
anyway. Nard needs a kernel update where this (and other things) has been
fixed. It's on my todo. Another user, Wojtek, was going to investigate this
too a couple of days ago. Don't know how far he's come yet though. You
could try disabling the message in drivers/mmc/core/mmc.c and see if it
helps, otherwise I'm afraid you need to wait for the next kernel.

Regards
/Ronny