Debug potential kernel panic

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 12 21:32:46 CET 2015

Hi
Are you sure it halts? or is it a reboot? It's a known problem with old Pi
models that it can happen due to a dip in power when hotpluging some USB
peripherals. Try adding an externaly powered USB-HUB in between the Pi and
your serial converter and se if it helps. I think the model B+ is less
sensitive than model B.

/Ronny