Unable to boot skeleton of v0.03

Peter Antypas peter.antypas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:49:50 CEST 2015

I'm trying to prototype something on a Pi B+.

I downloaded and built the skeleton image on a CentOS 7 workstation. The
generated image boots but the kernel panics because it can't run /init (no
other useful information).

Everything I've checked so far looks sane. Cross-compilation worked out of
the box. All the binaries are ARM 32bit LSB. Like I said, the kernel boots.
It's the handoff to the /init script that fails. I tried the pre-built
image of this version and it boots fine. I've looked at both images and I
do see different checksums and sizes for both ram disks, so they're
obviously not identical.

I'm at a loss as to why this isn't working and I'd like to get somewhere
with it because I like the simplicity of this better than piCore. Any
pointers greatly appreciated!

Peter