Adding a .bin driver

Gilles g1201 at myriade.ca
Thu Mar 7 07:20:36 CET 2019

My minimal experience with make is a painful drawback. I need help.

In my project, I need to add the rt2870.bin driver which is in
/apps/linux-firmware/.

The Rules.mk of my b2 "product" or platform is:
===
export BOARD ?= raspi_b_rev2

# Product b2 recipe

PKGS_APPS += linux-firmware/linux-firmware-1

PRODUCT_DEPS += skeleton
include $(PATH_TOP)/platform/skeleton/Rules.mk
===
It results in:
make[3]: Entering directory
'/home/gilles/nard/apps/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-1'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
Makefile:9: recipe for target 'install' failed

Is it possible to load only the required drivers instead of the full set
of linux-firmware?

In general, how do I add a .bin, .so, a data file or a mix of those?

I read your pages many times. I am reading the mailman archives now.

There I found the importance of make distclean, before compiling.

Thanks.

  ~ Gilles