Autostart script

Gilles Kirouac g1201 at myriade.ca
Tue Mar 3 07:56:09 CET 2020

Ronny

I am unable to make an autostart script run.

You wrote:
Additionally there is a "autostart at network" as well; programs in
/etc/network/if-up.d/ are started when a network interface becomes ready.

Should I use an ordinary script or an rc.my_product with
start-stop-daemon? My script is not a daemon.

When I run the following manually, all is ok, i.e. the RPI connects to
an upward server:
 /etc/network/if-up.d/rc.my_product start
But it never runs on start up.

Any suggestion welcome.

===
Is rc.local file in /boot/settings active? should I see an Hello weekly?
Where?

Where does logger write? in syslog accessible through
make ssh b8:27:eb:07:a6:b2 /sbin/logread ?

Having midnight commander available would help my productivity!

Last fall, I reported trouble getting the proper time zone. I noted
after a power failure that my router was rather slow and replaced it. My
ISP also improved its DNS. I now usually have the proper local time and
won't search further.

Thanks again.

 ~ Gilles