Nard Compression

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 4 09:49:09 CET 2014

Hi
Likely you can change at least initramfs to XZ. Check the CONFIG_RD_XZ and
CONFIG_XZ_DEC config options. However, it won't free up any RAM for you since
initramfs is decompressed during boot (as well as zImage). I think zram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zram is your best option if you need more mem.

/Ronny