Automation and control system for my trailer.

Magnus Lundstedt magnus at lundstedt.it
Tue Apr 21 23:11:35 CEST 2015

Hi, I have been building a automation system for my trailer, based om
raspbian.
The functions that i have implemented is:

1: regulating of the heating, both electrical and lpg.
2: logging and graphing of temperatures (inside, outside, and in the
heating system)
3: logging and graphing of battery voltage and current.
4: web-interface for controlling it locally.
5: mail-interface where the trailer checks external mailbox for
instructions for controlling externaly. (i can mail new temperature to
the regulation software)

future plans:
1: logging and graphing of solar panels current.
2: graphing level of water in tanks.
3: GUI on touchscreen built in in the control-panel of the trailer.

But now i have started to port everything to the NARD system, thus i
like the ram-disk aproach.

I have made some part working.

1. i have a core system up and running.
2. owfs for the 1-wire bus control.
3. web server with cgi for simple web interface
4. regulating and data collection scripts rewritten in sh seems to work
fine.

I use crond to control most of the functions.

the parts I am missing now is:

1: logging and graphing, i wish to use rrdtool, but i cant get rrdtool
to compile, my knowlage in Makefiles and compile-time options is not great.
2: fetchmail and procmail to check external mailbox for information, not
started yet.
3: GUI, I have not yet desided on what tool to use, I am open fore
suggestions, preferable some not to complicated scripting-tool or likewise.

The packages/apps i managed to compile yet is:

1. owfs-3.1p0 for reading the sensors and controlling the relays. works fine
2. lighttpd-1.4.35. web server with cgi enabled, works fine for my
simple UI.
3. fetchmail-6.3.26, seems to work fine but i have not yet started to
use it.

The package/app i have a hard time to compile and that i really miss now
is rrdtool, and if some of you can get it to compile i really would
appreciate the help.

Then i also would appreciate some advices on tool for building GUI that
would work on a compact system like nard.

If anyone else works on similar system it would be great to read about....

//Magnus