WiFi configuration - how to?

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 21 14:54:03 CEST 2015

Hi
Many thanks for the appreciation! :) It's what get me going. Just this morning
I was out shopping electronic components for building an automated regression
test setup. Price: USD $50...

The passphrase for wpa_supplicant is set in runtime with the help of wpa_cli.
The process begins with /sbin/hotplug.net which dynamically tries to
configure each interface. It launches wpa_supplicant which in turn
read /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf. After a small delay the passphrase
from /boot/settings/network is added with wpa_cli. You should be able to
track the progress in the syslog (command “logread”).

As a workaround you could try the other way around: modify your WiFi
accesspoint SSID to nard-srvc and no encryption. Nard should then associate
by default, no other modification required. (Of course you should only run
unencrypted for a limited time.)

Hope it helps, if it doesn't; send me output from “logread”.
/Ronny

P.S. Does your WiFi adapter work in your Linux PC?