sync date to an RTC without hwclock

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Thu May 30 14:21:38 CEST 2019

> The RTC is definitely working - on all 3 machines. Shipping a new busybox
> is a clever idea. That might be the ticket.

Nice. You can invoke the separate apps inside BusyBox with:
	/sdcard/busybox hwclock
Rember that the SD card will automount on access (which triggers write); so
don't call hwclock to often. Or even better, copy the binary to / on boot via
the local script
	/boot/settings/rc.local

> Ronny, I very much appreciate the effort you've put into NARD. It's a slick
> little system. The rough bits are rough on all linux boxen. You've done a
> superb job of smoothing out the compile/distribute/data parts. And kudos
> for taking the time to document and open source. I know how much work that
> can all be.

Thanks! :)
B.T.W. In next release the clock time zone will autoset at boot. Might be
interesting for a traveling device.

/Ronny