HDMI Touchscreen

Fri Jan 22 13:04:52 CET 2021

Hi Greg
I have very limited experience with touch screens, but I think it is common
for most of them to connect with USB and become a standard Linux INPUT
device. Much the same as an ordinary desktop USB mouse. The Pi videocore libs
is in this case not needed. Instead there are drivers in the kernel and in
X-Windows.

I suggest you connect the touchscreen to a Linux PC first. When you get it
work there it will be a lot easier to transfer the same setup to the Pi.
Google will be your friend. Here are some links that might get you started:
https://how-to.fandom.com/wiki/How_to_configure_the_Linux_kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/99700/touchscreen-xinput-calibration-not-working

/Ronny