few questions regarding nard

Ronny Nilsson rln-nard at arbetsmyra.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 26 00:36:28 CEST 2015

Hi Wojtek
Most likely you can use any Raspberry kernel you like. I try to keep the Nard
patches as few as possible solely for ease of upstream updates. It's on my
TODO-list to add a more recent kernel, but I've been lacking time lately.
(Any help is appreciated.) Some patches exist though and you can find them in
	nard/apps/linux-kernel/linux-rpi-3.10.y.patches/
You are most welcome to port them, but your system will probably run without
them as well. They are mostly used for making the the Raspberry more
appropriate for embedded use.

Are there an installer bundled with your third party library or do you need to
copy them manually into place? Are your application the only one who will
ever use them or do multiple application need them? In the single app case
you could put them in a subdirectory of your custom application and hard
wire the include path in the sources and Makefile. If you want to go for the
most elegant method you could look into some of the librarys bundled with
Nard, such as:
	nard/apps/salsa-lib/
	nard/apps/wiringpi-lib/
The first use a provided script and the second installs manually. Once
installed the website has as a section for how your application can find the
library during cross-compilation:
http://www.arbetsmyra.dyndns.org/nard/extending.html#extendapps

/Ronny