Debian Compatibility Layer?

Tue Dec 15 22:03:30 CET 2020

Hello,

I have successfully built the skeleton, several times.  I would like to
create my own project to put minicom on the system.   I saw the section
about the Debian Compatibility Layer.   I just can't seem to get it to work.

I created platform/minicom/Rules.mk and added:
PKGS_APPS += debian/debian
PRODUCT_DEPS += skeleton
include $(PATH_TOP)/platform/skeleton/Rules.mk

I created platform/minicom/debian.config:
deb_install += minicom

I seem to be missing something fundamental.  The make tries to cd into
apps/debian and fails:
make -C "busybox/" install
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/galgier/nard-minicom/apps/busybox'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/galgier/nard-minicom/apps/busybox'
make -C "debian/" install
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/galgier/nard-minicom/apps'
make[2]: *** debian/: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/galgier/nard-minicom/apps'
Makefile:22: recipe for target 'debian/debian' failed
make[1]: *** [debian/debian] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/galgier/nard-minicom/apps'
Makefile:41: recipe for target 'apps' failed

Am I supposed to be putting something in that directory?

The explanation of this feature shows a skeleton that includes sqlite and
python2.  However, these are not currently a part of skeleton.   I then
followed the link to The add-on.  The link there brought me back to the
explanation of the Compatibility Layer.

Am I dense or did I just miss something?    Am I supposed to go fetch a
.deb file and put it somewhere?

After a while I gave up and just tried to build from source, but that got
ugly fast.   I am hoping I can just drop in the appropriate *.deb files.

Can someone help?

GaryAlgier